Best oil for body pain: Know the benefits of Dhanwantharam Thailam
Body pain is a bummer. Carrying on with your everyday tasks with your body giving involuntary reactions to your body aches and pains, is in no way easy. Having knee joint pain or stiff shoulders can be a huge hindrance to basic daily activities. So, how do we get relief from this constant pain? Well, getting a body massage with warm oil seems to do the trick! But not oils are effective. Ayurveda has one oil in its records that seems to do magic for body pain and it is known as Dhanwantharam Thailam!
Winter is tough on the elderly, especially for those who have arthritis or a history of joint pain. Low temperatures and lack of vitamin D in this season alleviates their joint pain, making it a living-walking nightmare for them.
Even my mom goes through this during the winter season because of her knee joint pain. She used to be in a lot of pain until recently when her complaints suddenly decreased and I saw an improvement in her movements. On asking how she is not in excruciating pain anymore, she told me that her masseuse has been massaging her with an oil for quite some time now and it seems to be working! It was none other than the Dhanwantharam oil. To find out more about this oil, I spoke to an Ayurvedic expert.
Dhanwantharam oil is a blend of herbs such as ashwagandha, amla, Indian bael, etc. which have been processed in the sesame oil. “Dhanwantharam Thailam is a beneficial herbal product. Its components can assist in treating various types of physical pain. You will find this oil to be quite helpful if you are sensitive to or allergic to traditional painkillers.” says Dr Anu Sreedhar K C, an Ayurvedic Consultant.
Dr Sreedhar further explained that when applied to the body, the oil deeply permeates the tissues. This makes it possible for the oil’s therapeutic properties to reach the tissues. This aids in making sure the problem is adequately treated. The oil is a natural herbal product that uses only natural ingredients.
Benefits of Dhanwantharam Thailam (oil)
Dhanwantharam Thailam has components that can assist to reduce pain in a healthy way. These are the advantages of using this oil as told by Dr Sreedhar:
* It promotes bone and joint health.
* It supports the control of inflammation. Pain is lessened when inflammation decreases.
* This oil can also be used to treat numbness and nerve-related pain.
* Women who are pregnant might use this oil. It would ease their postpartum discomfort. This oil can aid in the maintenance of the pelvic muscles. It can be used to massage the body.
* The body’s energy can be maintained with the use of this oil.
* This oil will be particularly beneficial for people with spondylosis and back discomfort.
* It is beneficial for headache relief.
* This oil is typically recommended to help people with arthritis, neuralgia, facial palsy, and paralysis to better manage their conditions.
How to use Dhanwantharam oil?
You can apply Dhanwantharam oil to the body each day or as directed by a physician. A clean cloth should be used to apply the warmed oil to the body. The ideal use of the oil on the body or affected areas should involve massaging. “In order for the oil to reach the tissues, the massage should last for at least 30 minutes. After that, the oil can be cleaned with warm water,” says Dr Sreedhar.
Give Dhanwantharam oil a try and you might feel just as relieved as my mom does after the use of this oil!